Below you will find a collection of tutorials on the basics of HTML, the markup language for the web.
Before You Start
These tutorials assume you have a basic understanding of using a text editor.
- Opening and closing tags
- Self-closing tags
- Nested elements
- Whitespace in HTML
- Boilerplate HTML
- Linking to another HTML page in your project
- Linking to an external web page
- Link to a specific section on your web page
- Email and phone links
- Sample home page: Here is a sample home page for an imaginary business written only in HTML. You can view the source code here.
- Sample blog post: Here is a sample blog post written only in HTML. You can view the source code here.
* work in progress
** coming soon!
Notice any errors? Have other questions or suggestions? Send your comments and questions to email@example.com.